Happy New Year to you all! I would like to take this opportunity to say Thank You to all our members for your continued support through a challenging year. Despite the difficulties, we were able to provide more than 40 continuing education credits through our events, building tours and collaboration programs.
I would also like to take this opportunity to thank the following individuals – members of our Executive Committee and Committee Chairs – who have made 2019 successful for the AIA Hong Kong Chapter.
- Immediate Past President: Anderson Lee for his continued guidance of the Executive Committee.
- Vice President/ President-elect 2020: Vicky Chan for his dedication in organizing our collaboration symposium with the three institutes (HKIA, RIBA, AIA Hong Kong) on the theme of Smart City.
- Secretary: Megan Donges for her coordination and maintenance of our Chapter, and communication with AIA National to continue to improve our chapter operations.
- Treasurer: Eddie Tsui for safe guarding our finances, and maintaining our self-sufficiency.
- Programs Chair: Winston Yeo for successfully arranging the year’s events.
- Communications Chair: Scott Brooks for taking the initiative to launch our long term strategic plan, and for working with our members to develop a framework for the future of the Chapter.
- Honors & Awards Chair: Greg Leong for his long term efforts in this committee, and continued improvements to the H&A Program throughout the years.
- International Chair: Christine Bruckner for her relentless efforts in showcasing the Hong Kong Chapter within the larger AIA community.
- Membership Chair: Ivy Tam for maintaining our Corporate Affiliate relationships, and for seeking out new opportunities to enlarge the AIA Hong Kong community.
- Nominations Co-chairs: Peter Basmajian and Sujata Govada for bringing our attention to individuals and organizations that made significant contributions to our built environment and the community at large.
- YAG Chair: Caroline Chou for maintaining and updating our ARE library to stay relevant and initiating a Bootcamp program to help motivate our YAG members for the ARE.
- Symposium Task Force: Andrew King and Hinki Kwong for helping to organize and execute a series of symposium events.
Thank you all once again for your continued support. Please look forward with me to an exciting 2020 from the new Executive Committee.