The Associate category of membership is open to individuals without an architectural license. Associate members may indicate that they are Associates of the American Institute of Architects, subject to the AIA bylaws, and may use the title Associate AIA Individuals meeting any of the following criteria are eligible for Associate membership:
1. Professional degree in architecture*
2. Currently work under the supervision of an architect
3. Faculty member in a university program in architecture
4. Currently enrolled in the Intern Development Program (IDP) and working toward licensure
* Professional degree requires NAAB accreditation (National Architectural Accreditation Board)
To join the institute simply complete the application form, attach a copy of your credentials and return together with your payment to the AIA Hong Kong Chapter office. Note that all dues and amounts are given in U.S. Dollars. Processing time for membership applications is approximately 6-8 weeks. Upon receipt, your completed application will be reviewed for completeness. You will be contacted by email with any clarifications arising. Please ensure that your current email address indicated on your application form.
Associate Application Form
Associate members are required to join both the AIA National component and the Hong Kong chapter. Membership dues are invoiced annually through the National component. For joining members dues are pro-rated by quarter, refer to the application form for exact amounts.
Recent Graduates Promotion