Computational BIM for Architects – Archicad | May 11, 2021
Date(s) - 11/05/2021
7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Computational Design (CD) is a powerful tool when it comes to developing complex geometries and overcoming design challenges that would not be feasible with a manual process. In combination with BIM we can enhance the way we design, develop, manage, coordinate and build our projects.
But how do we combine these technologies?
This process can be challenging. Teams inside architecture firms often disagree on the use of the two methodologies and there can be a large amount of repetitive work when architects overlap what has been done with CD tools, with that done in BIM.
Being able to integrate these technologies can bring the best of two worlds to a project’s development. Taking the right steps and setting up the right methods can make this collaboration very fruitful. Connecting these technologies can also mean connecting teams within an organisation.
In the end, both CD and BIM aim to automate processes, save time and minimize errors while allowing for design freedom. This webinar will explore the best way to merge the two technologies to empower architects, enabling them to design smarter, more efficient and sustainable buildings.
You can use your smartphone, tablet or PC to join. Install the zoom.us application prior to the meeting.
1. Please use your real name for registration so that we can credit 1.0 LU to you.
2. All attendees should mute their audio during the presentation to avoid signal interference.
3. On this occasion, only the host and panellists will be allowed to speak.
4. You may, however, type questions in the Q&A box at the bottom of your zoom screen.
5. The panellists will review your questions and provide responses, time allowing.
6. The presentation will be recorded.
We encourage you to register in advance, here:
• Master in Architecture – UPM (Spain)
• ARB Registered Architect
• HKIBIM Member
Eugenio Fontan is currently based in Hong Kong and has more than 12 years of experience on different kinds of projects using BIM in combination with other technologies. He has practiced in Europe, the Middle East and South-East Asia and is a Co-Founder of Enzyme APD, an international architecture and technology implementation firm. Currently with GRAPHISOFT, Eugenio utilizes BIM software to increase architects’ productivity and efficiency on a consultancy basis.
<< Back to all events