Date(s) - June 15, 2020
8:00 pm - 9:30 pm
AIA Hong Kong is collaborating with Asia Society Hong Kong to bring to you Architecture as Vision, a webinar with Tod Williams, FAIA, and Billie Tsien, AIA.
In 2011, the Asia Society Hong Kong Center opened on the steep slope of the former Explosives Magazine at the Victoria Barracks. This long abandoned vestige of the territory’s colonial past was transformed into a cultural landmark by retaining the original military structures and incorporating them into the new complex. The architects envisioned the Center to be a dynamic meeting point, linking West with East, as well as the urban fabric with the natural environment.
In this webinar, architects Tod Williams and Billie Tsien will share their initial impressions of the ASHK site, which they first visited 20 years ago. In addition, the pair will discuss their ongoing projects, including the Obama Presidential Center, David Geffen Hall at Lincoln Center, and the U.S. Embassy in Mexico City.
The session will be moderated by Florence Chan, AIA, and S. Alice Mong, Executive Director of Asia Society Hong Kong Center.
Note that the webinar is only available on Facebook Live.
- You must first sign up for a Facebook account if you don’t already have one.
- Once you have an account, click on the link below and choose “going” for this event.
- Sign in on June 15 to attend.
- Write down your name and AIA member number (e.g. “John Smith, 12345678”) in the comment section for us to record your LUs.
- You may post comments; any questions posted for the speakers will be selected by the moderators.
AIA Hong Kong Chapter