Date(s) - October 15, 2022
10:00 am - 11:30 am
BIM (Building Information Modeling) is an innovative technology that manages and transfers building data digitally. BIM is widely used in architecture, engineering, construction and project management because of its flexibility, speed and advantages in handling repetitive tasks.
Developed by Graphisoft, their Archicad is one of the most popular architectural BIM softwares and we are delighted to host a workshop to introduce Archicad to students and professionals on October 15, 10:00 – 11:30 AM.
This workshop will consist of an overview of BIM workflows, the advantages of Archicad, and hands-on exercises using the software – as well as an interactive Q&A session. Participants will learn how BIM can help users to work smarter in both educational and professional environments, and may attend the workshop either in person or online.
Date Saturday, October 15, 2022
Time 10:00 – 11:30 AM
Location In-person: Unit A1, 16/F, TML Tower, 3 Hoi Shing Road, Tsuen Wan.
Online Zoom: Register here
CES 1.5 LUs
Quota 15 (In-person)
• About BIM – Introduction and Misconceptions (10 minutes)
• Why Archicad? – BIM For Architects (10 minutes)
• Hands On Exercises using Archicad (45 minutes)
• Conclusions (15 minutes )
• Q&A (10 minutes)
• Participants are required to bring their own laptops with Archicad student/evaluation version installed before attending the workshop. Student and Evaluation versions are available at the official website and those who download the software are entitled to a 1 year or 30 day free trial period, respectively. Further instructions will be issued to signed up participants after registration.
• How to get to Graphisoft office? See Google Map
MTR: Get off at Tsuen Wan West station at Exit A1 and 9 minutes walk to TML Tower.
Bus: 48P, E32A
• All participants are required to scan the LeaveHomeSafe app upon arrival. Vaccine pass is required, please refer to the Vaccine Pass Guideline.
• For participants holding an Exemption Certificate issued by a certified doctor, the QR code of your Exemption Certificate must be presented for scanning upon arrival.
• Persons with a Red Code or Amber Code are not allowed to enter the premises.
• Please arrive at the designated location 10 minutes before the program begins (by 9:50 AM).
For online participants, you can use your smartphone, tablet or PC to join. Install the zoom.us application prior to the meeting.
1. Please use your real name for registration so that we can credit 1.5 LUs to you.
2. All attendees should mute their audio during the presentation to avoid signal interference.
3. On this occasion, only the host and panellists will be allowed to speak.
4. You may, however, type questions in the Q&A box at the bottom of your zoom screen.
5. The panellists will review your questions and provide responses, time allowing.
6. The presentation will be recorded.