Lantau Tomorrow Vision | August 18, 2020
Date(s) - 18/08/2020
6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Category(ies) No Categories
Dear Members and Friends,
The Lantau Tomorrow Vision (LTV) is a Hong Kong Government reclamation project comprising approximately 1,700 hectares that is intended to house 400,000 residential units upon completion.
The project has generated a long list of both pros and cons for consideration.
This webinar will feature Tom Yam, from the Citizens Task Force on Land Resources, who will share his assessment of the LTV with our members. He will give us an overview of current land and housing policy in Hong Kong and the likely environmental impact of this massive reclamation project.
The webinar will be followed by a panel discussion with urban planners Dr. Sujata Govada, Dr. Peter Cookson Smith and Gary Stokes from OceansAsia.
You can use your smartphone, tablet or PC to join. Install the zoom.us application prior to the meeting.
- Please use your real name for registration so that we can credit 1 LU/HSW to you.
- All attendees should mute their audio during the presentation to avoid signal interference.
- On this occasion, only the host and panellists will be allowed to speak.
- You may, however, type questions in the Q&A box at the bottom of your zoom screen.
- The panellists will review your questions and provide responses, time allowing.
- The presentation will be recorded.
Please register in advance here: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_43WVtG96Tle6l2L9J_ZAug
Tom Yam MBA PhD
Tom is a member of the Citizens Task Force on Land Resources. He has a PhD in electrical engineering from the University of Minnesota and an MBA from the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania.
His professional experience spans aerospace, telecommunications, and management consulting in the USA and East Asia, where he has headed the AT&T and Ernst & Young management consulting practices in Shanghai.
Tom contributes to the SCMP on science, technology, waste management and urban development.
<< Back to all events