Building Tour: Tencent Seafront Towers by NBBJ | July 14, 2020 | 9:00am
Date(s) - 14/07/2020
9:00 am - 10:00 am
Category(ies) No Categories
Tencent Seafront Towers by NBBJ
Tencent is now a major player in e-commerce and web technology. The design of its new headquarters reflects the company’s rising international influence, its networked culture and the interconnectivity of the web. The linked configuration of the building stimulates movement and casual exchanges within the workplace, by creating horizontal “streetscapes” and vertical connections. The expansion provides space for 12,000 employees and nearly quadrupled the size of Tencent’s current workplace real estate portfolio.
During the presentation the panelists will share their strategies on how they were able to reduce energy consumption and carbon emissions by 40% over a typical office tower.
This webinar is free for all AIA, HKIA and RIBA members, with a maximum of 500 participants on Zoom. Below are instructions for participating in this event:
- You can use your smartphone, tablet or PC to join. Install the zoom.us application prior to the meeting.
- Please use your real name for registration and type your AIA membership number in the chat room during the webinar so that we can credit 1.0 LU/HSW to you.
- All attendees should mute their audio during the presentation to avoid signal interference.
- On this occasion, only the host and panelists will be allowed to speak.
- You may, however, type questions in the Q&A box at the bottom of your zoom screen.
- The panelists will review your questions and provide responses, time allowing.
- The presentation will be recorded.
Please register in advance here: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_TWczCXbUSk-W76jh7PnMOQ
Vivian Ngo, AIA, LEED AP, WELL AP
An accomplished leader, Vivian seeks to leverage the strength of each project team member and inspire them to achieve high-performing outcomes on behalf of her clients. Her project experience includes urban master plans, corporate headquarters, commercial developments, convention centers, hotels, libraries, research buildings, education facilities and adaptive reuse projects.
Vivian always looks for ways to create exciting, unique human experiences in urban environments and has also illustrated urban history books about land reclamation in her native Hong Kong.
Based in Hong Kong, Sebastian helps steer NBBJ’s overall business strategy. He has worked on projects in Europe and Asia, which has contributed to his understanding of multi-cultural societies and broadened his perspective on planning and design.
<< Back to all events